Buy Custom Assignment Paper On Managing Workplace Safety
This is a sample essay paper by Aoneessays.com on Managing Work place Safety and ensuring that the employees are protected from any hazards in the organization. Note that this paper is a sample and cannot be submitted to your educational institution, as this will be an act of plagiarism. If you want to buy essay, term paper, assignment, thesis, dissertation, research paper on Managing Workplace Safety call us at 1-512-333-4344. We will write a custom term paper on Health and Safety at Workplace just for you. We can do your academic assignment papers in any citation style you specify, writing a paper in APA, CBE, Harvard, MLA or Chicago format is not difficult for our qualified intellectual writers. Hurry and visit our website http://www.aoneessays.com and purchase a custom paper on Workplace Safety today!
Best Sample Essay Paper On Managing Work place Safety
The need of an occupational health safety program arises so as to make sure that there are no occupational accidents and ailments and in order to make sure that any accidents and injuries should be dealt with effectively.
This nursing home is composed of more than 1300 full time and part time nurses based on which it is important that there is an implementation of the occupational health safety program that can ensure safety of the nurses at work.
Priorities of the Occupational Health Safety Program Coordinator
It is crucial to realize by the coordinator of the health and safety programs that along with the quality and control within the organization another important fact that needs to be given more priority is the safety and health of the employees (Leberfinger, 2007).
Among some of the most important priorities that the health safety program coordinator have include the following;
1) It should be ensured that the workers and the employees are made aware about the main work related hazards that can cause accidents.
2) The coordinator should be in touch with the committee that has been designed for the health and safety of the workers in order to make sure that up to date information is given to the workers in regards to the accidents that can occur in the workplaces (Maher, 2008);
3) It is important that the safety related equipment is installed in the workplace as fire equipments, first aid equipments. In relation to these equipment it is important that the installation of the equipment is properly taught to the workers in the workplace.
4) One of the main priorities that are seen in the case of the occupational health safety programs is that the workplace should be checked for any unsafe conditions and unsafe equipments.
5) It should be ensured that the land and places that are used as workplaces are to be ensured for safety (Manuele, 2006).
Determination of the Kinds of OHS Programs Required Within the Workplaces
On the other hand, it is important that the employer should be aware of the needs based on which occupational health and safety procedures are required within the workplaces. There are three main steps by the help of which the employer can know what kind of occupational health and safety programs are required within the workplaces.
Step 1: it is important that the employer should be aware of the number of part time and full time employees that are working within the organization (Ring, 2007).
Step 2: the employer should be sure about the hazard classification steps. In the case of the hazards there are three main kinds of hazards identified and these include low risk hazards, medium risks and high risks.
Step 3: As soon as the hazards have been classified within the workplaces it is important that the kinds of programs needed are outlined and implemented
Components of Occupational Health and Safety Programs
Here it is important to highlight that every organization is different as the levels of hazards within each organization is different. It is important that the occupational health and safety programs that are designed are based on the needs of the individuals and the workers that work within the organization and the workplace.
There are seven main elements of the occupational health and safety programs and these are inclusive of the following;
1) Policy of the OHS that should highlight the main aims, strategies and objectives of the program. In the case of the policy it has been argued that it should be simple and to the point so that the workers and nurses within the organizations can understand it. The policy should not be longer than some paragraphs. some of the most important facts that are in a need to be present in the policy are the commitment levels that are needed by the employer in regards to the safety and health of the nurses and workers along with the aims and priorities of the health and safety programs (Vartabedian, 2008).
2) The policy should be inclusive of the fact that there will be a regular check of the machinery, equipments and tools that are working within the workplace;
3) In regards to the occupational health and safety policy there should be clear instructions for the employees
4) The workplace coordinators and the program management should make sure that there are regular meetings in regards to the health and safety of the nurses
5) There should be an investigation into the causes of the previous accidents so that newer accidents can be prevented in the future
6) It should be made sure that there are regular maintenance of the statistic and records in relation to the accidents and incidents.
7) It is important that supervisors are allotted that can make sure that there is a constant check on the workers and nurses within the workplace (Zahlis, & Hansen, 2005).
Occupational health and safety programs are vital within the organizations and the workspaces keeping in mind the fact that the workers and nurses might be working in the areas of the workplaces that are designated varied levels of hazards.